Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Butterflies and Jimmy Buffet


You might ask what they both have in common and in a simple word.... Signs. Signs that Steven is looking over me signs of encouragement from him. Its taken me 5 months to fully realize that's what these where. About 1 month after the day of his passing I turned on the radio and one of Jimmy Buffets song's was on the radio and I forced myself to listen to it. I cannot STAND some of the man's songs and, of course, Steven was big into his music so it was the least I could do to listen to it. After that day on my really bad 'force myself out of bed get dressed and make myself go to work' days I would always see butterflies .. not one or two but many all at once. Today,sadly, was one of the above mentioned days.. and let me tell you it was a doozy!! I cried and cried all day at the smallest things and it was just not turning out how I wanted it too... so on my way to work the exact same Jimmy buffet song came on and suddenly I was at peace. I smiles and ,surprisingly, sang along to the horrid song. I'm still not a fan of Buffet but from now on I'll always think of my wonderful loving husband by listening to Jimmy Buffet & searching for butterflies ....

No comments:

Post a Comment